I read an add in the Post and Courier in Charleston, South Carolina and called to see what the World Reserve Monetary Exchange was all about.After being convinced that the money in each SEALED bag would be well over what the purchase price was, (purchase price of $99.00), I purchased 3 bags and the total in all 3 bags did not amount to $50.00 in $1.00 and $2.00 bills.

What a rip off!!!!! I think that it was false advertisement and they are a scam. I was told that each bag would be worth a lot of money.....WELL a lot of money is fine if it is more that you paid for each bag.

Some people do not always tell the consumer the truth and now they are stating you have to pay a restocking fee of 15% and also shipping.Well, looks as though I will be out of $200.00 or more if I return the bags!!

Comments

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #832164

The Scam ad was ran in the News & Observer in Raleigh, North Carolina it's sad that this can even be an advertisement in a legitimate newspaper !!!! Outrageous !!!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States #820741

I'm sad to say, I must second what others are saying: How can you fall for such a scam? Especially in the age of Google, when you could have found out it was a scam in seconds.

Although I do feel like this should be illegal, or at the very least, these publications should have more self-respect than this.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States #810280

They're at it in Alaska too

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #810003

They are still at it.In the Denver Post they claim that you can buy about $1000 of bills for $99.

My first thought was that the bills would be decorative, printed on one side only. But there was no disclaimer warning the consumer - so I thought that can't be the catch. There are red "stars" on the big bills (not the $500 bill because it doesn't exist in reality). So the red stars void the counterfeit image.

They didnt get me!!!!!

Why would you think you can purchase a money bag that may be filled with more than what you paid for? They're right. There IS a sucker born every minute and you're their leader.

Corvallis, Oregon, United States #807986

Same thing happened to my mother in Corvallis, Oregon ... Scammers, scammers :(

Torrance, California, United States #807455

If the money in each bag is worth "well over" the purchase price, then why would they sell it too you? I guess there is one born every minute.